Thursday, July 8, 2010

Giraffes, Zebras & Kangaroos!

   I think I'm in love...with Fota Wildlife Park!! We went there yesterday and I was in my element! It was a photographers heaven!! The kangaroos run wild and are used to people being around, so if your careful, you can get real close for pictures!! We brought a picnic lunch and a baby kangaroo was snuggling its mama right beside us! It was ADORABLE!!      

There were so many giraffes, and it was nice to see that they really had so much space to run free! I would say they were my favorite! I don't think I've ever seen any of these animals in real life, our zoo in Saskatoon definitely is no comparsion to Fota!! We have a seasonal pass so you can be sure that I will be back, time after time!!

I'm convinced the giraffes in the photo are hugging -at least it's what I tell myself!! The zebras were pretty far off in the grass so hopefully next time I can zoom in a bit closer!! I also really enjoyed the monkeys on monkey island! There were 5 islands in all, and they would swing on the playground, having a grand ol time!! I like how in this photo, the monkey on the top is creeping on the mama monkey below who appears to be checking out her nails! Too cute!!
This week I also took the jaunt to Midleton, and found my way to Tesco! I was nearly struck by a car...traffic here is mad!! Crossing at the round-a-bouts is a tad scary too as no one seems to pay attention to the lights. I got to walk over a beautiful bridge above the stream, found some statues and eventually found my way to Tesco!!
Tesco is much like Superstore back home. It mainly carries groceries, but has your everyday things as well, along with some electronics and decor items! Its a fab store and the prices are pretty cheap, which is definitely a bonus!!! On my jaunt back home, I happened to find "Euro store" which is pretty much the European "Dollar store" I found the best t-shirt which I just HAD to buy!! It's your average store bought t-shirt so it will most likely be a pj top but anyways I love it!!! That's it for now, I'm off to buy fistfulls of postcards!!!
Love you all, missing you in Ireland
XOXO
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Live.Love.Laugh.Explore.